We are pleased to announce that Lisa Shapiro Strauss has achieved Lead Counsel Verification in Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor. This honor is a testament to Lisa’s decades of legal experience, excellent reputation, and strong ethics.
What Does It Mean To Be a Lead Counsel Verified Attorney?
Lead Counsel Verification is a quality-assurance service that was established by LawInfo.com to help people find experienced legal representation quickly and easily. To become Lead Counsel Verified, attorneys must meet strict quality standards, including the following:
- Experience: Must meet stringent qualifications for experience as well as demonstrate that a significant portion of their legal practice is dedicated to the area of law they are verified in.
- Reputation: Must be in good standing with the appropriate bar association and maintain a clean disciplinary record.
- Client service: Must pledge to adhere to the highest level of client service and ethical standards.
- Annual review: Must submit to annual reviews of the above criteria to ensure continued Lead Counsel Verification.
To hold Lead Counsel Verification, attorneys must commit to the following standards in client service:
- Treat clients with respect and courtesy.
- Discuss clients’ objectives and strategies for representation.
- Represent clients competently and diligently.
- Maintain high ethical standards and comply with the Rules for Professional Conduct.
- To remain in good standing with any relevant bar association.
- To promptly return clients’ phone calls, emails, and other correspondence.
- To thoroughly explain to their clients their rights and legal obligations.
- To keep clients informed and provide them with any requested case-related materials.
- To charge a reasonable fee and explain in advance how the fee will be computed and billed.
- To stay current in the practice area for which they are Lead Counsel Verified.
About Lisa Strauss
Lisa Shapiro Strauss has more than 20 years of experience protecting the rights of men, women and young adults throughout the Houston area against criminal charges. In addition to Lead Counsel Verification, she has also been selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list in the area of Criminal Defense and enjoys a 10 Rating on Avvo.
If you’ve been charged with a felony or misdemeanor in Harris County, Texas, call (713) 429-7310 today to schedule a consultation.