For over 20 years, Lisa Shapiro Strauss Attorney at Law has provided dedicated criminal defense representation for men, women and young adults throughout Houston, Texas. Our legal team understands the serious, lasting consequences associated with felony and misdemeanor charges. We fight hard to protect clients’ rights. We are committed to safeguarding clients’ records.As a former prosecutor, lawyer Lisa Shapiro Strauss is well-versed in the justice system. She was trained by prosecutors, so she knows how they approach each type of criminal case. She can review your situation thoroughly to determine which defense strategies are best suited to your case.
If you or a loved one needs guidance from an experienced, dedicated criminal defense lawyer, we urge you to contact us today.
Lisa Shapiro Strauss graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in Political Science and Southern Methodist University School of Law in 1997. She started her career as an Assistant District Attorney in Dallas County from 1997 to 1999. In 1999, Lisa began her own private practice of Criminal Defense. She has been in practice for over 10 years now and has handled hundreds of cases, both misdemeanor and felony cases. Lisa is married with three children, living in Bellaire, Texas.
Areas of Practice
100% Criminal Defense
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas – J.D.
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona – B.A. – 1994, Major: Political Science
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list published annually by Thomson Reuters in the area of Criminal Defense – 2021 – 2022
- Lead Counsel Verified – Law Info
- AVVO – 10 Rating
- Houstonia Top Lawyers – 2015
- H Texas Top Lawyers – 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
“How Do You Do It All?”, The Defender – Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Winter 2014
“Armed with the Best Tools: Efficient, Simple and Successful Uses of Technology in the Courtroom (including How to use PowerPoint, Images, Timelines, Graphs and Enhancements-Highlighting, Circling, etc.),” Unleashing Your Inner Beast Seminar in Galveston, April 20, 2018
Past Employment Positions
- Dallas County District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney, 1997 – 1999
- Attorney General of Texas, Intern, 1996
Alpha Epsilon Phi