Lisa Shapiro Strauss lives and works in Bellaire, Texas, with over 15 years of experience working in Bellaire Municipal Court. For years, she has helped fight the cases filed by the Bellaire police department. The Bellaire law enforcement is well known for aggressively ticketing drivers and visitors that pass through the community. Lisa Shapiro Strauss is your Bellaire criminal attorney, knowledgeable in a wide variety of criminal charges.
Areas of Practice
Bellaire criminal attorney Lisa Shapiro Strauss can assist with any of the following criminal charges:
- Assault. This charge include a range of actions from a simple threat to a fistfight to an attack with a weapon and assault on a family member, or domestic violence.
- Theft. Common charges include burglary, possession of stolen property and robbery. Writing a hot check is also a theft charge.
- Shoplifting. Also sometimes referred to as retail theft, this crime usually describes the act of stealing merchandise from a business. While it is considered a lesser theft crime, it is still a serious charge that can have serious consequences.
- Drug Crimes. Our Bellaire criminal attorneys can handle all charges of possession, manufacturing, trafficking and distribution.
- Felony Offenses. These include felony assault, drug grimes, theft, burglary, weapons charges, forgery and fraud. We help avoid jail time and can negotiate for alternative sentencing and probation.
- Fraud. A fraud case usually involves a stolen identify, insurance fraud, or fraud of a financial institution. Lisa Shapiro Strauss specializes in all fraud cases.
- Probation Violations. Probationary terms for drugs and alcohol abuse are very strict. Breaking these terms can land you in serious trouble with Bellaire police.
A Bellaire criminal attorney can also assist with DWI charges and moving vehicle violations.
Why Do I Need a Bellaire Criminal Attorney?
Criminal charges that are left to the court system will often appear on your permanent record without a way to remove them. A permanent criminal record can haunt you for a lifetime. With an active criminal charge, it can be difficult to qualify for education scholarships, land a new job, or take a leadership role in the community.
Lisa Shapiro Strauss spent two years as a prosecutor, including six months as the chief prosecutor in domestic violence court. After her term, Strauss started her own firm as a Bellaire criminal attorney to fight for the rights of those accused of crimes. If you need an attorney for your criminal case, contact Lisa Shapiro Strauss today to schedule an appointment.